2. Control thy expenditures-live on a budget
3. Make thy gold multiply-invest your money to produce income,
4. Guard thy treasures from loss-avoid scams and get rich quick schemes
5. Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment-own your own home
6. Insure a future income-save for your retirement
7. Increase thy ability to earn-be a lifetime learner THE FIVE LAWS OF GOLD (quoted from the book) I. Gold cometh gladly and in increasing quantity to any man who will put by not less than one-tenth of his earngs to create an estate for his future and that of his family.
II. Gold laboreth diligently and contentedly for the wise owner who finds for it profitable employment, multiplying even as the flocks of the field.
III. Gold clingeth to the protection of the cautious owner who invests it under the advice of men wise in its handling.
IV. Gold slippeth away from the man who invests it in businesses or purposes with which he is not familiar or which are not approved by those skilled in its keep.
V. Gold flees the man who would force it to impossible earnings or who followeth the alluring advice of tricksters and schemers or who trusts it to his own inexperience and romantic desires in investment. Here is a link to a free PDF copy of this classic. Don’t be too cool and too sophisticated to learn something from another century.